From Freeplane - free mind mapping and knowledge management software
Our main goals for Freeplane are:
Better Mind Map editor than FreeMind
- Better usability,
- More features,
- Frequent releases
through better project organization,
- Big and effective developer Team. I believe that much more people were willing to contribute to this extraordinary sensible and helpful project as a mind map editor.
- So the development speed can be increased and time between the releases can be significantly shortened.
- People like you and me systematically contributing to the project should get more influence on the project decisions.
- There should be clearly communicated and broadly discussion of the further development ideas, steps, goals and visions.
- A strong project Visions and the freedom to implement new ideas
better architecture and design
- current FreeMind implementation is hard to extend and maintain. I have tried to collect the most critical points here. Such refactoring is not easy, but I think if we want to give new developer a chance to make good contributions, we must provide clear architecture and design first.
A large, friendly community in which your voice will be heard.