From Freeplane - free mind mapping and knowledge management software
What is an Add-on?
Add-ons are a way to extend and customize Freeplane similar to how plug-ins and extensions can be used to extend and customize well-known applications like Firefox or LibreOffice. Freeplane add-ons can be used to provide a single function, a bundle of multiple functions, bind those functions to a menu item, and much more.
Anybody can write an add-on! (see the add-on developer documentation)
note: add-ons are not necessarily provided by the Freeplane core developers.
Installing an add-on
An add-on is a Freeplane mind map with the special additional suffix <FILENAME>.addon.mm. Add-ons can be installed with a single click with Freeplane version v1.2.10_05 or later.
If Freeplane is not the designated program to open '.mm' files and for Freeplane versions before v1.2.10_05, follow this procedure:
- In Freeplane, select Tools > Add-ons > Search add-ons > Visit add-on page
- Search for your add-on and choose download
- Save the add-on on your computer (for example, on your desktop)
- Select Tools > Addons > Search and install
- Select directory icon
- Find and select the file you just downloaded (for example, on your desktop)
- Select Install
- Restart Freeplane
You will now find the new command in the menu. For example, "Insert Inline Image" can be found under Edit->Node extensions with the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+i.)
Add-ons are listed below.
by L. C. Rees
Issue-Based Information System for Freeplane
This add-on enables using a mind map as a 'trusted system' in the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology. The hierarchical nature of a mind map is ideal for tracking projects, their associated tasks, and next actions. Features:
- Extracts Next Action lists from nodes marked with a next action icon
- Displays lists sorted by Project, Context, Waiting-For, or Due Dates
- Accepts a simple, natural shorthand notation for entering Next Actions
- Next Actions in lists are hyperlinked back to the GTD mind map for easy editing
See here for more details.
Insert Inline Image
This script asks for an URL and inserts an HTML img tag at the end of the node's text. If the node is not already an HTML node it will be converted.
The image can be made a link, either to the image source URL or to a custom URL.
Old Icons Theme
This little theme add-on installs the old (pre 1.2.9) link icons (Link.png and LinkLocal.png).
Pack & Go
Pack and Go provides a function to pack a map with all its dependencies into one zip file.
by Steve Kunkel
Free Palm Os Icons categorized by groups Office, Home.... for Freeplane. Compiled by Steve Kunkel and converted to an Add-on by Predrag. For artist information, see this forum post.
Utilities for automatic translation of maps and language resources that use the mymemory translation service. Of most interest for Freeplane translators. The scripts still have some limitations:
- Text size per node/text is limited to 1000 characters.
- Translation time growths mainly with the number of texts/nodes. No optimization for the case of many small texts.
This add-on adds standard Freeplane icons under User icons in bigger size (24 px) and adds other icons (computer, more office icons...).
by L. C. Rees
Node wrangling features for Freeplane:
- capitalize first word in node core text
- capitalize all words in node core text
- upper case node core text
- lower case node core text
- delete first chosen characters from node core text
- delete first characters matching a regular expression from node core text
- delete last chosen character from node core text
- delete last characters matching a regular expression from node core text
- delete links on multiple nodes
- split node core tex into multiple nodes on periods
- split node core text into multiple nodes on commas
- split node core text into multiple nodes on spaces
- split node core text into multiple nodes on one or more chosen characters...
- split node core text into multiple nodes before one or more chosen characters...
- split node core text into multiple nodes on characters that match a regular expression...
- split node core text into multiple nodes before characters that match a regular expression...
- splits node core text after one or more chosen characters
- splits node core text after characters matching a regular expression
- join node core text of multiple nodes with spaces
- join node core text of multiple nodes with commas
- join node core text of multiple nodes with periods
- join node core text of multiple nodes with one or more chosen characters
- copy node core text as a new child of the node
- replace parent node core text with the core node text of one of its children
- convert parent node attributes to node children
- convert node children to parent node attributes
Download v0.7.0 (with Java speedups) Using the version of widkNode with Java speedups requires adding 'scripts' to the script classpath in Freeplane's preferences.
Add-on Developer Tools
This add-on collects some utilities that script and/or add-on developers will find useful:
- Check Add-on: Adds all standard nodes, attributes and notes to the current map. Can be used with an empty Map to create an add-on skeleton.
- Release Add-on: It copies the <addon>.mm to <addon>-<version>.mm and updates the script node's context from the files lying around.
- Generate add-on documentation: Creates a snippet for the Freeplane add-ons wiki page.
- freeplane.dsld: Adds Eclipse editor support for predefined script bindings such as node, c, ui, textUtils, ...
- Insert Binary: Asks for a file to insert as text of the current node (BASE64 encoded).
The new functions are available under Tools -> Development Tools.
by L. C. Rees
Groovy console for interacting with a running Freeplane instance
Download 0.2.1 Note: using widkShell requires adding 'scripts' to the script classpath in Freeplane's preferences.